Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dateline - Houston (Conroe, TX)

I arrived in Houston on Friday August 28.  It was a good 15 degrees cooler than Dallas but much more humid.  I had wonderful hosts for the weekend in the Gibbys...

Phil and Penny have a beautiful home and are currently sans children, but have these two great beagles!!!
Dorrie

  

Abby






















We had a great day Saturday with an early morning walk before the heat was totally oppressive!!!
Then I power washed my car - Very Fun - No more bugs or bird doo, hooray!!!

Then it's off for a short tour of Conroe, Texas and a nice long tour of a local Pub.

On Sunday we ventured to Houston to see the skyline and the Houston Museum of Natural Science.  I learned alot about OIL and drilling and we also saw a wonderful exhibit about the Silk Road of China.  It was all very fun and informative.  Then we are off to a Houston watering hole...
This fountain was outside 

Pretty Penny in front of fountain  





So Monday morning I am pushing off for a 12 hour drive across Texas!!!!

Bye, Bye you guys are just too much fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment