Friday, September 10, 2010







I spent the afternoon in Taos. It is a very nice town. Many galleries, shops and restaurants. I wandered among many. There were some truly beautiful shops and artwork and then some very sholocky stuff. I coveted for a few hours then found a great Mexican restaurant that was in the oldest building in Taos. I sat outside in the courtyard and had enchiladas and beer, yum...

After lunch I didn't want to take in any more shops. The beer and the heat lead me on a nice walk back to my car. I ventured out of town to the old Taos Pueblo. It is an original Indian village from about 1000 AD and is still inhabited. Too hot to walk around too much so I continued on to see the Mountain. It's about 15 miles out to Taos ski area. Beautifully tucked in the rugged mountains. It is clearly a favored destination for skiers. Most was closed in that area so I didn't linger much. (Also photos didn't turn out)

I decided to push on for a few hours. It was about 4 PM and I could drive for a few more hours. Shortly I crossed the Rio Grande
Posted by Picasa


As I continued on the terrain started to change again,  except for the brief mountains around Taos (I was driving at 10,000 feet)  the drive had been flat since since somewhere back in the Midwest.




Spent the night in               Arizona.


No comments:

Post a Comment