Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just how BIG is Texas!!!!

Does anyone else see the little doggie sitting in the cloud???



I had a very interesting day traversing Texas, now Monday August 30.  Of course I didn't want to do anything so mundane as to just hop on I10 and ride it to Los Angeles.  No my route went diagonally across Texas and it would be the first 750 mile day I would drive.

I saw every kind of energy you could imagine...  Oil, gas, wind, rail...  This could be why I was so struck by the industry going on there.  I haven't seen this much building, commercial and otherwise.  You wouldn't know that the country was so close to recession if you just view Texas.  Things are rocking there.

I was treated to a Texas sized thunder storm, thankfully for only 10 minutes.  Big and wild.  The day was filled with lots of open road.
No end in sight...
Oil...

Wind and Rail
If you look closely you will see the skyline filled with wind turbines.  It wasn't a wind farm but a Wind Ranch, as far as the eye could see on both sides of the road and I drove through it for at least 10 miles !!!  Awesome




No comments:

Post a Comment