Friday, October 8, 2010

Back in Gardnerville for my Glider Ride!!!!

"Glider Girl" Laurie, owner of NV Soaring was practicing up while I drove around the lake.  It was a clear sweltering afternoon when I returned and up we go....



Being towed up over the Sierras to Lake Tahoo

Now let me explain.  During most glider flights on a day like this the passenger should be snapping away at the camera.  Unfortunately this passenger was now puking in the air sick bag.  I held the camera high and snapped away but it was not too successful with my head in the bag, so to speak.

Her crew was very pleased with me - I didn't miss a drop, LOL

You can see the tow plane just in front of us pulling us over the mountains...


My pilot, lined up perfectly on the runway...

Thanks Laurie.  I'll do it again with Dramamine next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment