Friday, October 8, 2010

Driving to Gardnerville, NV

After my mother left I moved in with Bill, Amanda, Jasper and Penelope.  It was so gracious of them to have me.  I stayed on a few days and then left for another adventure.

I'm headed north to see Laurie Harden who I grew up across the street from in Middle school.  We saw each other last in March but I wanted to see her "digs".  She has a small "ranchette" (5 acres) in Carson Valley which is awe-inspiring.   She currently owns two horses and boards two more.  After getting up on the saddle shortly after my arrival we planned a trail ride for Sunday morning.  It was GREAT FUN!!!  Sorry there aren't better photos of Laurie but she is always on the move.

Driving along the eastern side of the Sierra Mountains
I am also including photos of my drive to get there.  Riding along the eastern edge of the Sierra Mountains was beautiful.  I spent the night in June Lake, CA just north of Mamouth Mountain.  The next day I hiked for a few hours along Mono Lake.  There were Navy tests done there many years ago - read the sign.  The hoodoos were very cool and I even walked by a natural hot spring (but didn't go in)

June Lake

Mono Lake

Mono Lake hot spring - bubbling in the right corner





it's funny what your photos remind you of -  this was my first snake while hiking...
Bummer, no nudity around the hot spring...





No comments:

Post a Comment