Friday, October 8, 2010

Wow, it's been a whole month!!!!

Hey blog watchers,
So sorry that it has been a whole month since my last update.  I arrived in Santa Barbara in early September in time to meet baby Penelope before she even had her own belly button!!!  She is a marvel, only rivaled by big brother Jasper.

Shortly (4 days) after my arrival my mother also came to see the new baby.  Mother rented a house on the very chic, Miramar Beach in Montecito.  It was a very fun location just 3 steps from a most beautiful beach.  Can't believe I didn't take any photos, hmmm.  I stayed there with my mother for two weeks.  The beach weather here was quite an education.  We had a lot of cold fog, yet up in the foothills at Bill and Amanda's house it was in the high 70's.  After those two weeks the fog really burned away but apparently it is a constant issue on the coast so Mom has decided she no longer wants to live at the beach.

The present plan is for her to come back out to Santa Barbara in December and take over the lease of Bill's rental.  I will stay with her for a number of months while she gets settled and makes a final determination regarding shoulder replacement surgery.

We had some nice walks on the beach everyday and a trip to the Santa Barbara Mission and rose garden.
It is a very comfortable town with much to see and do.




No comments:

Post a Comment