Monday, August 16, 2010

Upper Michigan

Sunday was a very long day of driving.  I didn't plan it that way but it took almost and hour and a half to get over the bridge and through custsoms out of Ontario and back to the US.  It was a beautiful day and I think a lot of people were going to the vacation lands on the Great Lakes.


There were some pretty incredible clouds while driving. They looked like clouds stacked on clouds.  I'm assuming this is somewhat from the large bodies of water all around.  At one point it started raining rain drops the size of latkes.  I almost had to pull of due to poor visibility but those of you that really know me - Nah,
then it was over.


       













Then I found a wonderful little lakeside motel of cabins.  I'm on Lake Huron in Tawas City.  I liked the name because my cabin at Jabberwocky is Twas!  This is the view from their beach.  And this is my little cabin.  They gave me a special rate if I promised to use only one bed, LOL...

It's off to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan today.  I was considering driving around this whole area and then taking the ferry to Milwaukee on Wednesday but I think probably not.  I'm going to try not to spend 8 hours in the car again today.  It really didn't seem that long but it does make me too tired to do anything else when I arrive.

Off for a walk now and then I'm off.  My goal is somewhere around Moran, Michigan.  Check it out.  Going over the Mackinac Bridge.  It is supposed to be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment